Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I am Lucky.

With all of the action that surrounded Alex's birth (moving, packing, unpacking) the ease of it all somehow got lost.

A while back I posted about how grateful I was to have an easy labour with Hannah and the same is so incredibly true about Alex.

I really didn't think about it until now. And unfortunately, a few terrible labour stories brought it to my attention.

I'm not going to divulge them all except for one that is particularly heart wrenching.

About a year ago I heard the news about a prominent Jewish Montrealer whose granddaughter desperately needed a bone marrow transplant. A huge effort went into finding a match and finally in August the little girl underwent surgery.

I hadn't heard much until today when I read that she had passed away. Surprisingly, I found out the news on Twitter which led me to a blog that was dedicated to her struggle. An outlet for parents who were fighting and are now, so sadly, grieving.

I hate to put a downer on your Tuesday but take a minute and look at what surrounds you. Because both you and I are so lucky to have such healthy, wonderful children in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment